Classes and Workshops
2015 Winter Class Schedule
Do the Mu
FREE Workshops, all ages! Do the Mu! is the first Saturday of every month. Drop in
anytime between 12:00-2:00pm for a different art + history workshop taught by local artists or Museum staff. Try something new! No registration required; free for all ages.
February 7 - Photo Transfer Collage with Gary Spangler to
celebrate the Ohio Collage Society Exhibit
March 7 - Film Noir
French for “black film,” Film Noir is a distinct movie
style from old Hollywood. Explore its beauty and
mystique with a make-and-take craft.
Open Studio Pottery
Prerequisite: MassMuPottery I or equivalent
Wednesdays, 10:00am - 4:00pm
January 7 through March 25
$40 per month for Members / $50 per month for Non-Members
Bring own clay or purchase 25lb bag for $15.
Kids’ Clay - 8-week class with Kaitlyn Gutshall
Learn hand-building and pottery basics.
March 31 / April 7, 14, 21, 28 / May 5, 12, 19
$70 for Members / $80 for Non-Members
Registration includes cost for clay.
Collage in All Dimensions Workshop - 1-day workshop
Join Shirely Ende-Saxe, Ohio Collage Society President, to explore techniques from the book Collage in All Dimensions.
Saturday, January 31
$30 for Members / $35 for Non-Members
Students in the collage workshop will explore several of the transfer techniques outlined in Gretchen Bierbaum's book, Creating Collage in All Dimensions. Photo-transfer, crayon transfer, rubbing and Citrasolv alterations will all be demonstrated and examined. Collage students will choose the techniques they desire to create a 4x6 postcard as well as a larger collage. Copies of old family photographs may be incorporated into these works and students are encouraged to draw on their experiences to create their work.
Intro to Video Game Programming - 5-week class with Ryan Lynn
February 21, 28 / March 7, 14, 21
$40 for Members / $50 for Non-Members
Bring your own laptop and learn how to design your own
“Space Invaders”-style video game. Ryan will teach
students how to properly download and use the free
software needed for this class.
Be sure to attend our FREE Do the Mu! the first Saturday of every month!
Rules for Registration:
- To register for classes, complete the registration form, downloadable here, or contact Education and Outreach Coordinator Heather Haden at the Massillon Museum at (330) 833-4061 ext. 104 or by email.
- Spaces are limited! Please note the class size and register early.
- Registration is due 5 days before class begins.
- Full payment must be made when registering:
- In person (cash—exact change only—credit card or check)
- By mail (credit card or check)
- Over the phone (credit card)
- Refunds for cancelled classes will be processed in 3-6 weeks and returned by check in the mail.
- ALL art projects must be removed from the classroom or ceramics room 7 days after the last day of class or they become property of the Massillon Museum and used at staff discretion.