FREE tours of the Massillon Museum are available for all age levels, from Kindergarten to adults! Donations to help support our Museum, no matter how large or small, are always appreciated.
Questions? Call Jill Malusky at 330-833-4061 x110 or click here to email her.
Museum staff and volunteers can provide a general tour of the Museum or focus on specific curriculum requirements or topics of interest for your group. Guided tours are offered throughout the week, during normal hours of operation: Tuesdays – Fridays, 9:30 – 5:00pm. Additional times may be available after hours, on Mondays, or weekends, by special arrangement.
Please allow at least 2 weeks before the date of your proposed tour, and be sure to check our Exhibitions to see what will be on display when you’d like to visit. To schedule a tour, call Jill Malusky at 330-833-4061 x110 or click here to email her.
If you would like to bring your class or group in for a self guided Museum visit, please be sure to call us in advance to make sure the galleries are not closed for installation and there are no special events. Please check in at the front desk to let us know how many are in your group, and review the tour guidelines.
An exhibition related hands-on activity can be arranged through the Education Department to enhance your tour and visit to the Massillon Museum. Sharpie tie dye, Photobooth pictures, clay Cryptozoology tracks, and Mexican Dia de Los Muertos sugar skulls are just a few of our most popular art projects! We can tailor an art project to meet your curriculum needs, using themes of art, science, history or literature.
The cost for this is $5 per student. The Massillon Museum provides the instructor and supplies for these activities. Payment may be made in cash, check or credit card.
For questions, call Jill Malusky at 330-833-4061 x110 or click here to email her.
- No backpacks, headphones, food or drink are permitted in the Museum galleries. A coatroom is available in the lobby to store personal items.
- Please turn mobile phones on silent.
- Photography is permitted in certain galleries. Please ask permission from a staff member before taking photographs.
- If you are taking notes, please use pencil while in the galleries.
- The maximum number of people per tour guide is 25. All tour groups must be accompanied by one adult chaperone (18 and older) for every 25 students.
- Please do not touch artwork or objects in the Museum exhibits, or lean against walls or Museum cases in the galleries.
- The Massillon Museum is handicap accessible.