Please check back often for additional employment opportunities.
Outreach Ambassador – Part-Time
The Massillon Museum’s Outreach Ambassador shall be an enthusiastic individual who will work in the Education Department and report to the Education and Outreach Manager. The Outreach Ambassador’s schedule is set by the Education and Outreach Manager. The Outreach Ambassador will be paid $13/hour, plus mileage reimbursement for events worked off of Museum property. Outreach Ambassadors work up to 20 hours per month.
This employee will:
· Professionally represent the Museum at scheduled outreach events and programs throughout Stark County and the surrounding area, such as First Fridays in the Downtown Canton Arts District, health fairs, trunk-or-treat events, community festivals, and more.
· Travel to and from outreach events and programs.
· Set up and tear down the booth space.
· Assist with Museum events as needed, such as Island Party, Fun Fest, and Light Up Downtown Massillon.
· Retrieve and return outreach supplies from the Museum prior to and following outreach events.
· Keep informed about Museum exhibitions, events, and programs.
· Interact with members of the public of all ages and backgrounds.
· Offer art activities developed by Education Department staff.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High school diploma or GED. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Ability to work in diverse indoor and outdoor environments. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Experience working in community outreach, customer service, or a related area preferred.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Education and Outreach Manager Stephanie Toole at email@example.com by Friday, March 22, at 5:00 p.m. No phone calls, please.
Art Instructors – Contracted
The Museum regularly works with area artists to lead classes, workshops, art activities, and Do the Mu in the Museum's classrooms or Ceramics Studio. Instructors are contracted and paid an hourly rate based on their experience. If you are interested in teaching, please email your resume and a description of what you might like to teach to Education and Outreach Manager Stephanie Toole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not what you were looking for?
Learn more about volunteering.
Learn more about internships.